The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Friday, February 1, 2008

Rome was not built in a day



Ok how do I put this into words? I feel like I should be disappointed but I’m not. I am fully aware of all the new things that I have been working on since moving to Orlando. What’s that line Rome was not built in a day? I would have liked to have set the world on fire with a blistering time in Linz but it did not happen. I’m still trying to own my start on the new leg and it’s been a while since I was competitive over 60m indoors. So I chalk this one up to a good/better start for the 60m for the season. With that the final being quicker than the heat.

My coach Brooks was ok with the times. If anything he was more interested in the sessions he has set me for the week coming. He has the bigger plan in his head for me and that’s all that matters.

It funning my good friend Mr No sleep was trying to wind me up after the race telling me he expected me to go quicker. I refused to rise to the bait. I know what I’ve been doing in practice and know that I am not discouraged at all.

Roll on the next race I’m looking forward it.

Positives
1. My start improved with each round
2. I felt more competitive in the final than the heat.

Negatives
1. The time was not as quick as I would have liked
2. The position I finished in was not acceptable.

Quote:Failure is an event, not a person.Yesterday ended last night.

Zig Ziglar

1 comment:

  1. To my favourite Brit...I think you and I are both going to have to adhere to the patience is a virtue mantra. I really believe if we hang in there, BIG things are gonna come when it matters. I believe that with my heart and soul. Ciao, ciao!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like