The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Monday, January 25, 2010

Arkansas - Update





So this weekend I started my 2010 indoor season. I raced at the Randal Tyson Track Center in Arkansas. The school has a lot of history. Ironically early Friday morning I watched a documentary on their legendary coach. John McDonnell.











 I ran the 200m and the 400m.  I have never ran a 400 in my life so was a little nervous I won't lie.

23.77 in the 200m and 55.45 in the 400m.

Not a bad opener for me in the 200 I think. I have only started one season quicker. 

The 400 was very conservative if I do say so myself. I'm 100% sure I can go much much quicker.  Coach Reider who was with us this weekend said I was out their tempo running. lol.  (Thats the watered down version of what he actually said).  The question now is when and where will I be running another one less conservatively? : )

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did get booty lock and dry mouth but hey it only lasted for a short while. I can honestly say I enjoyed the run.

So I'm  back in Atlanta now. Going to put in a couple days practice and then headed home to Europe for a couple races.

 Other results for the weekend
Ebonie PR'd with 53.06 in the 400
Dani ran 7.52 in the 60m and 8.22 in the 60m H
Walter opened his season with 16.99 for a world lead in the Triple Jumping  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like