The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Get on with it Joice.........................

However far the stream flows, it never forgets its source.
Nigerian Proverb


I thought it best to add an additional blog today, so my friends and family will stop calling, texting and blackberry pinning to make sure I'm ok.

I woke up this morning in a very strange mood. Wanting to talk to my mum, who I was unable to find all day. So I left a whinging I miss you message on the answer machine. Not pretty and I'm sure shes still in a panic cause Joice don't do that. Serve her right for not being in when I called. lol.

Home sickness is the diagnosis from my sister. Why? Probably because I felt like I had missed out on my brothers 40th birthday dinner with my family and his night out last night to the Progressive Entertainment night. Yeah, I can be pretty spoilt when I'm ready.

Picture evidence below








If I had my way I would have layed in the bed all day and sulked. But, come on now how was I going to explain that one away to Brooks. Just imagine the email because there is no way I would have called. lol

'Hi Brooks, Not coming to practice today because I don't feel like it. I need a hug from my mum. See you tomorrow Joice'

I did lay in the bed for most of the day feeling sorry for myself until I called my sister and had a conversation with my soon to be 3 year old Nephew. Be ready for that blog cause it will be another family event I will miss. All in the name of the Olympic Games. lol. He spat 3 of 4 sentances at me finishing with a kiss blown down the phone. Obviously far to busy to talk to me as he wanted to go out in the snow. Yeah snow in England Easter weekend. Ain't this supposed to be spring? Another reason why I should be happy that I'm in Orlando and not at home.

Practice was not what was scheduled as it was too cold at 70° to do speed work. Yeah for real. So I had 12 x 150's followed by weight room. Actually one of my nicer sessions.

So what have I learnt about Joice today? Hmmmmmm that I can be a girlie girl. That I just need to be left alone when I get like this and that I'm doing what I choose to do which so happens to be something that I love so. 'Suck it up Joice'

I hope and pray I don't have another one of these days soon cause they really ain't pretty. I don't like it when I get like that.

In my defence I was missing my family. Ain't no shame in that.

So I'm calling it a night going to bed and hoping to wake up tomorrow with a new brighter attitude. After all I could be at home in the snow.

P.S Jack sorry for today that Joice does not appear often but hey at least she was quiet. It takes alot to shut me up. Am I forgiven?

2 comments:

  1. Awww, it is quite alright and normal to be like that. You are miles and miles away from your fam and missing them just means you love and are connected to them.

    I was like that a couple of years ago. Just wanted hugs from my mom and dad. Now I live with them...you get the rest.

    I know it's no comparison to your family but I am sending some cyber hugs your way.

    Love the Nigerian Proverb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joice...so at this point we're probably more like sisters than anything else, so no matter what, this too shall pass. Trust me, I wasn't in the mood for any conversation either,if you know what I mean. That being said, we're cool. I'll probably see you in about 5 mins anyway.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like