The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

5am Out Of Competition Testing

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Winston Churchill





So this morning I was awoken by loud banging on my door. Looking at the clock which said 5am I had a very good idea who it was. Drug Testing.

As I am now located in the USA my drug testing has been contracted to USADA (US Anti Doping Agency) from UK Sport. Our procedures are different to those in the US, so it was a learning experience for the couple who were at my door.

Ok a quick paragraph on how we are tested in the UK. I have to provide a 1 hour slot for five consecutive days. I have chosen 5am - 6am. Why? you might ask. Well a) I am sure to be in my own bed at this hour b) What is the first thing you do when you wake up?

So 1 litre bottle of water in hand we set about the wait for Joice to produce her sample. I was able to have the test completed in 57 mins. Not near my record of 26 mins but, close. The good thing is I'm a morning person so was actually very chirpy this morning. The funny thing was the testers were very quiet and subdued acting like they had dragged themselves out of bed to get to my apartment. lol

Difference from the UK and USA system
1. Designated hour slots (UK)
2. 85ml sample (USA) 100ml sample (UK)
3. Athlete does not fill out the form (USA) (I had to dictate my details to the guy.)

Any way job done and off back to bed I went.

Until the next time they set their alarms to come hang out with me again at 5am.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see your being tested even though your not in England.

    Keep up the training Joice.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like