The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Monday, November 2, 2009

Tell Me Sweet Lies




Lying is bad. Or so we are told constantly from birth. Honesty is the best policy, the truth shall set you free, I chopped down the cherry tree. Whatever. The fact is, lying is a necessity. We lie to ourselves because the truth... the truth freaking hurts.


Am I a bad friend if I lie to make my friend happy? You know tell them what they want to hear. Not want to burst their high.

I think not!

I have been thinking just how many times this year I have told my friends what they wanted to hear. After i took my shoes and socks off to continue my counting I smiled. We all do it in the name of love. Apparently I have "good ears". So who am I to point out the elephant standing in the corner of the room.

So many times I have smiled, nodded and prepared my shoulder to be the ones that will be cried on.

No I'm not perfect and I am a candidate for not seeing the wood for the trees when it comes to my own life. We always see fault in others right?

So should I take the truth serum and start saying what I see and truly think. Or should I be 'Cool Joice' who just wants to see her friends happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like