The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Precious





This past weekend I went to watch the movie 'Precious' with my friend and training partner Avard. Earlier in the week some of us in the group discussed the movie. People commented on the people who were staring Mo'Nique, Paula Patton, Mariah Carey, and Lenny Kravitz.

It was not a movie that when I saw the trailer I had a burning desire to go see. But, I'm glad I did. I found the movie disturbing and funny in some parts. There were characters that I see in my day to day activities. A couple times Avard and I looked at each other and laughed as we both recognized these people. Other times we cringed and other times we looked at each other in shock.

Precious is based on the Novel Push by Sapphire. The story is very disturbing."Precious' is a 16/17 year old high school student who is raped by her father producing two children and abused by her mother. Shes illiterate, plus sized and basically unnoticed. She enrolls in an alternative school in hope that her life can head in a new direction.

WOW!! is all I kept saying all the way through the movie. My mouth stayed open in shock and I covered my eyes several time. I think I must be a light weight or had a very sheltered life.

Mo'Nique played the hell out of the role of the most disgusting mother imaginable. I absolutely hated her thats good she was.


I came away from the movie with a reaffirmed appreciation for education and being raised by GOOD parents. Simple things i realize I take for granted like being able to read and write.

I shake my head and thank God for the life that I have.

Go watch it if you can

2 comments:

  1. I felt a wide range of emotions as well when I saw this movie :-/ but it's was definitely a reminder of how blessed I am and how thankful I have to have good and supportive people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me get on the phone and call my Mum and Sister today.

    : )

    ReplyDelete

You might also like