The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sharpie and a shoelace


Why is it that the simplest of things can turn everything around?




Now I never thought coming back to Orlando was going to be a picnic with Brooks. After all its not like I have been racing to the potential that he sees in me. In one of my previous post I discribed this time back as being dragged over hot coals. Lets just say its been pretty close. Brooks is a very intelligent man, vocabulary (some times blue) out of this world. So just imagine when he goes silent on you and all you get are side eyes and huffing and puffing. (Not good).

I raced again this weekend and it was more of the same piss poor average times that I have been producing.

Yesterdays Post Audit race meeting with comments that were warranted by Brooks were delivered. And then IT happened. Tino my training partner and I likend it to an epithany.

A simple track side conversation with Brooks during the session, with him discribing what he was looking for with a Sharpie pen and a shoelace seems to have given me that light bulb feeling.





Hmmmmmmmmm you might say. I say whatever it takes to get the point across.

Well let me tell you Brooks gave me two stars last night. lol Im used to getting rocks. lol

So I'm off to practice in a few minutes to see if I have managed to retain what I now understand to be spriniting.

All I can say is better this side of Olympic Trials than never.
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like