The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tightly wound

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream;
not only plan, but also believe. 
Anatole France



There is an old saying I have heard in Track and Field over the years "Same Shit Different Toilet".  Once again that statement raises its head as I get ready to open up for my indoor season. 


Since Jan 1st I have been playing email tennis with my agent Caroline Feith. We have been planning my race schedule. As the confirmation comes in the reality sets in. As the flight bookings come in I get more and more excited. As an athlete I live to race. Thats the long and short of it. I can go to practice EVERY day but it don't mean a damn thing if I'm unable get to race.


I had a chat with Predita Felician last night and she called my race schedule 'Healthy' lol.  We will be at a couple of the same meets so the blog and pictures should be interesting. Never a dull moment with Ms Predita..


My time here in Bradenton, Florida is coming to an end. Its nearly time to pack up Delsey and head out on the circuit. Oh what joy. lol  The airports, the foreign beds, the 3 hour bus rides, the room mates from hell, and the added pressure of trying not to get sick.  I jest I love what I do wouldn't change it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Maduaka,
    I’d imagine it’s all in Europe, right? Not much of an Indoor season in the USA these days anyway.
    Run well!
    We’ll look for you in the T&F News results e-mails or on the IAAF pages.

    And I’d like a few really good Ryanair stories, lol … “they charged me .25 Euro per sheet of toilet paper …”

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. D
    Your killing me with the Ryanair gag. So funny but so true. I must have words with Caroline and ask her not to traumatize me we the cheap and cheerful airlines.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like