The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Waiting Game

“If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.”

E. Joseph Cossman quotes






Its been a couple weeks since nationals and the team was finally named today for the World Championships in Berlin.

Its werid because this time last year I was considering retirement and was in extreme pain. One year on I'm still in the track and field game and on my way to my 5th World Championships.




If you had asked me what I wanted out of this season in Novemebr 08' this selection would have been one of the things on the list. I still have races after the Worlds where I hope to tick off a few of the other items on my list.

But not to take away from this moment please let me say I'm so happy to be named as part of the team. I just want to do my part in the 4x100 as I feel our team has a good chance for a medal.


5th World Champs the experience at each has been so different. Not necessarily a bad thing. I have learned alot about myself and enjoyed being part of Team GB. As I'm sure I will learn from and enjoy this experience.

Over the weeks since returning to England some 3 months now I have spoken pretty much everyday to a friend who has been up and down with their season too. In many ways we have managed to keep eachothers spirits high and motivate eachother. They got their news about selection on Sunday. I on the other hand have had to wait. Its funny how I could be more happy for them than myself regarding selection. Maybe because mine was better percentage wise for selection. Anyway we both going so job done.



Having someone go through the same emotions as me during this time has really helped. Just having that outlet to share the good times and the not so great times has been great. I woud like to thank said friend for their time and patients. I have shown pretty much every side of Joice and they still have remained present and supported me. Trust me its not easy being friends with an athlete when things are not cut and dry. So the pair of us have done damn well to remain friends for so long both of us being track athletes considering we are new friends. LOL

So now I get my meal in Berlin which was promised to me. LOL They claim to know a great Chineese in the city centre. So I'm due to get me a dose of MSG LOL.




I will try to blog alot more over the coming weeks and promise to walk with my camera so I can show you guys what ive been up to.

2 comments:

  1. Joice, Am not sure how I discovered your blog, but am glad I did.
    Just saying HI from Phladelphia, and wishing you all the best for your upcoming championships!
    I happen to be the daughter of a 2x T&F Olympic Coach for US Women's team... '68 and '76. He coached Madeline Manning in her early days in Cleveland and many other champs.
    On trackandfieldnews.com message boards, that you even link!, I just learned that unfortunately Louise Meade Tricard had died last Fall of cancer. She was a nice woman, still active - wonder if you ever met her? She wrote a big book, American Women's Track and Field.
    I really like your sensitivity, the quotes and pictures and that you are also very close to your sister. All the best! You have a friend in Pennsylvania - our state motto. Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marti
    Welcome and Thanks for the comment.

    Yep I love my sister like cooked food she's my best friend.

    Dont be a stranger

    Jx

    ReplyDelete

You might also like