The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Friday, February 4, 2011

Russian Visa 2011

You would think it got easier as the years went on. But, on no this week I starred in the Russian  Visa saga. (No that is not my passport in the image above)

Filled in form online. Check.  Trotted down to the processing office. Check. Handed in passport payment and forms. Check.

Pick up passport next day. The computer says no.

Apparently I need a letter of invitation. The lady who took my papers yesterday forgot to tell me this vital piece of info. She puts on a good act of 'I've never seen you before'   Lady it was less than 24 hours ago. You have got to be kidding.

So I'm making frantic calls to my agent because I have actually turned up 30mins too early. I'm still in the submissions window or its back the next day.

Clocks ticking no pressure.  Shrug

Its amazing what a smile and a calm voice can do. The lady behind the counter gave me a 45min extension on my submission of the invitation letter.  : )

The clock ticks on and finally the a letter is emailed over. Result



I picked up my visa yesterday and I am officially off to Moscow to race this weekend. The last time I raced here it was a disaster. So I have a point to prove. Plus I'm trying desperately not to get sick. I still have flash backs of 'Calling Earl' last year after 3 days in Moscow. Emergen-C at the ready.




Jx

3 comments:

  1. Don’t you just love bureaucracy? It often gives small-minded (or incompetent) people ‘power’ that shouldn’t be and can be a bear (Russian) to deal with. Glad you made it through.

    Please don’t have “over-expectancy” of your performance this weekend. You’re a pro, you know how it goes; be yourself, relax, run your race, trust in the preparation. Overstressing messes up the timing, gets people too tight and all. Trust that valuable experience you’ve accumulated.

    Now, about that last picture. That’s an unpleasant memory, lol!

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a great start to proceedings! Looking at your tweets I noticed your 'man' at the airport was late in picking you up! Also your 1st race wasn't so good :-(

    Maybe Moscow is not the place for you. Hmm, maybe I should say that Joice is waaaaaaaay too good for Moscow!

    It will be interesting to see if you ever return there.

    Graham.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like