The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What you up to Joice?

A comment left by Graham prompted me to write this blog. I wanted to give more of an insight into what my days are like and what i'm up to.


This time of the year winter (Fall for my American friends) is the time when the HARD work is put in. These are the days  where practice runs on for hours. I pack a snack a protein shake and keep it moving. 


I'm a need to know person and have discovered over the years that I like to read a training session. To simply throw distances and times and recoveries at me does nothing for me. Im sure to come back and ask several times 'Tell me again what we are doing'. lol  (There is a term to describe this but for the life of me I can't remember).


My day usually starts at 6am (natural body clock) I'm great in the mornings not so good between 8pm and 9pm. Ive been known to fall sleep. Waking up an hour later full of life and ready to go at 10pm.  Oh I forgot to mention my must have after practice 1 hour nap.


Since being back in Atlanta i've been weaning myself back into a full week of training. 


Week 1 - 4 days
Week 2 - 5 days
Week 3 - 6 days


Im up to 6 already and currently in the 'RED' zone of my training cycle which is also known as the loading week. Its only Tuesday and I can't sit down. My ass is killing me. : (


But. 'Hair of the dog' was my phrase for today as I rocked up at the track to run 300s. After yesterdays LONG session.  We have taken to guessing how many $s the training session will cost in parking. lol


Yesterday was our longest at $10.  11.00am - 3.30pm.  Hmmmmm


Right about now its about getting the workouts in, lifting the weights and resting. (and repeat the following week)


I have Dr H the best Chiro ever who puts me back in alignment once a week. Ive also met a great massage guy call Rick who finds the niggles. Nothing better than a massage where you just lay and relax.


I'm counting down to going home for Xmas. Of course I miss my family. (My sister is my best friend). But then Jan I have a nice little surprise which I will share yep in Jan. lol


So that's me. Head down getting the work in. 


And yes Graham I know where I'm going.  lol

1 comment:

  1. That's a great insight Joice! Now I understand more about the life of a pro athlete. OOOOHHH, a surprise in Jan!! You tease!!

    I never doubted you knew where you are going!

    Graham.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like