The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 22 – Favorite book of last year


This book touched me when I read it last year. It had me go through all motions. I laughed and I cried. I cringed and I pondered.



" Orphaned by the death of her mother and left in the hands of a sadistic foster parent, young Cupcake Brown learned to survive by turning tricks, down hard liquor, and ingesting every drug she could fine while hitchhiking up and down the California coast. She stumbled into gang banging, drug dealing, hustling, prostitution, theft, and, eventually, the best scam of all: a series of 9-5 jobs.

A piece of Cake is unlike any memoir you'll ever read. Moving in its frankness, this is the most satisfying, startlingly funny, and genuinely affecting tour through hell you'll ever take."

Yep its a trueie




I have to add one more book 'The Help'  By Kathryn Stockett.
I just heard this book is being turned into a movie. 





2 comments:

  1. Books? I really (probably?) should make myself.
    At one time I used to enjoy a good novel. But, the rush of life …

    I read a great deal, but it’s all periodicals. More and more online (which I don’t really like). Sometimes not even the whole thing, just applicable specific articles.

    Maybe I should take a cue from you, slow down a bit and read something for …
    Sheer enjoyment!

    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dx - I only get to read when travelling. Airports and planes are my fav reading spots. lol

    ReplyDelete

You might also like