The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Sunday, December 6, 2009

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?


I personally try not to be that person. People might think me selfish but, I try to march to my own drum. I have taken so many now I look back on them CRAZY chances. But, hey they worked out in the long run.

I remember hearing a speech by Steve Smith at the European Championships one year. His words stuck with me. Whats not surprising is that Steve went on to become a great motivational speaker used by business and professional sports people.

So what did he say?

It went something like this
"Your time in short so don't ever look back and say. I could have or I should have"

His words stuck and so for example when I took a redundancy package from a good full time job an announced I wanted to do contract work. I was given the side eye by friends. I have not had a full time job since. Contract work works for me.

Or when I flew to South Africa as a 20 something year old for a months training camp by myself. My Mum gave me the 'oh hell no you aint look at the airport when we realized no else was travelling with me. I made a friend in Agnes Samaria on that trip. Who is still a great friend of mine to this date.

I could go on with the some of the weird random things I have done.

All I say is take a chance you never know where you might land

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes taking a risk is the best thing you can do. . . you don't always need to know the outcome before hand!!! You might be presently surprised by the outcome and taking a chance eliminates the shoulda, coulda, woulda :-)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like