The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul
The Eyes Are The Window To The Soul

Quote Of The Moment


Don't listen to those who say, 'You're taking too big a chance.' Michelangelo would have painted the Sistine floor, and it would surely be rubbed out by today

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Introduction

First of all, I would like to welcome you and thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

For those who don't know me I'm a Professional Athlete from London, England. The Beijing Olympics will be my 3rd Olympic Games. I have had the great honour of representing Great Britain at both Sydney 2000 and Athens 2004. The only thing is I felt like a tourist both times. The games went on around me I did not feel like I was taking part. That is why in August 2007 I approached coach Brooks Johnson in the warm up area at the World Championship (Osaka) asking him to coach me. What’s so good about that you might ask? Well let me tell you. Brooks is based in Orlando, Florida and Joice lived in London, England.






Big step and you’re crazy were a few of the comments made when I told friends and family that I was packing up, quitting my job and moving to Orlando to be coached by Brooks. Why Brooks? Because he is a straight talking, knowledgeable guy in the world of track and field. He also did not hesitate in answering me that evening in Osaka. “Yes Joice, I will coach you. Be in Orlando first week of October or as soon after.”

So here I am in Orlando going to Disney World of Sport daily for practice. It’s a far cry from cold nights a Crystal Palace after work.


So with that brief introduction and letting you all know just what I have given up to achieve this dream and not be a tourist for the 3rd time round. Once again I welcome you.


1 comment:

  1. Joice well done! I know your not please because you didn't make your cue but it is a great start to the season.

    Well done

    (ur short but sweet supporter)
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

You might also like